Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Preparing for the New Year

Since as far back as I can remember, between the day after Christmas and New Years day, my mom, grandmother, and my aunts would be busy in a cleaning frenzy. My mom passed away over 10 years ago, as did my grandmother but my aunts still follow the tradition.

The thinking behind all this crazed cleaning is that you prepare yourself for the new year fresh start. No mess ...No clutter.

So today I have to clean my office and throw out the files and crap I've accumulated that I don't need. The scraps of paper with numbers on them that I don't remember who they belong to. Wipe down my desk and rearrange everything in order to have good mojo for the coming year.
Then do the same here at home.

Now if only someone can explain why I have to throw out a bucket of water at midnight on New Years Eve?

No comments: