Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Prom is for Assholes Extravaganza

I was reading Vodkamom's post on her daughter's broken heart and being dumped weeks before prom. It reminded me of Anjleika's prom fiasco and it pissed me off all over again. What the hell goes on in the mind of these teenage boys? Seriously, what possesses them to do this to a girl just before prom? After the dress is bought and arrangements made, not to mention the fact that the girl looks forward to her big night. It's suppose to be magical, her chance to get all dressed up and feel like a princess.

When this happened to my baby girl (she is now 22), I was out for blood. I was fuming. But nothing prepares you for the hurt and sadness you see in your daughters face. I, as usual wanted to fix it. I suggested she go stag (nope), I offered to take her out (nope), then I had a brilliant idea. We would throw our own prom party and call it... TA DA...Prom Is For Assholes. ( Yes, I set a great example). She got a kick out of that and started the party planning. Everyone would be dressed in prom attire. At least she would be able to wear her dress. Her oldest brother offered to be the DJ. Word spread that it was the party to be at. Her best buddy, Kirby was her date, who happened to end up being her boyfriend a couple of years later. I set up a backdrop for "prom" pictures and she made a banner.....

Prom is For Assholes.

There were over 40 people all dressed up and ranging in ages 17-50. There was Jamba Juice for those 21 and over and punch for those under. We had a great time and the party ended in the wee hours of the morning. We had a bunch of kids spend the night and the adults gave rides to those that had to go home.

The best part was seeing just how happy my daughter was and telling her friends that this was better than any damn prom she would have gone to.

To those stupid boys....in my daughter's words....hell with you, I'll throw my own damn party.

Prom Queen

and her date




Her BFF

Damien the DJ


Prom Pics:

Prom is over and the princess sleeps.........

4 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! I am doing the same damn thing. (Unless of course they get back together. Then I'll pretend this conversation never happened...)

Amy W said...

Ha!!! That is hilarious. And awesome. You have got to be the coolest mom ever for orchestrating such a coup for your baby. :) Wow.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

You know she had a better time at that party than she ever would have at prom. It's all about the dress, anyway, and that orange dress is fabulous. Fabulous!

Joanna Jenkins said...

GREAT, GREAT IDEA!!!! I'm passing it on to my nieces!