Saturday, May 9, 2009

Road Rage-The New Generation


Yesterday I decided to go over to Barnes and Noble to pick up Jen Lancaster's (she's hilarious, go check her out) new book Pretty in Plaid, with Desi in tow. Though I wasn't in a huge hurry, I found myself stuck behind a woman going 10..ok maybe 20 in a 35 MPH zone. OMG!!! I wanted to pull my hair out. I don't do well in traffic. Yes, I've lived in Chicago most of my life but I have zero patience. There was no way to get around her either. Just as I was ready to say something out loud, baby boy yells GO, GO GO.

I turn around and see him bent sideways looking between the seats at the car ahead of us. As I laughed, I could have sworn I heard "Oh Shit....GO GO GO" So I say "what did you say?" and he repeats it.....3 times. Ok, I did hear right.

Now I'm thinking.....hmmmm, either that boy reads minds or maybe what I was thinking, I actually may or may not have said out loud.

I'll stick to the fact that he may be psychic.....and Mima has learned that he is now repeating EVERYTHING he hears.

3 comments:

Bookworm said...

ROFL Out of the mouths of babes. And yes, small children are definitely little miniature tape recorders. LOL

PENolan said...

I remember the first time I noticed something go straight from my brain to my kid's mouth. He said, "I'd like to punch her in the nose."
The mystical bond between mother and child . . .

Ritz said...

My husband reminded me of the time my daughter (about 2 at the time)yelled "Dick" while we were in the car and I got mad wondering who she learned THAT from. OOPS!