Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!






Presently there are 125 posts in my Google Reader waiting for me to read. And that's only because I haven't had a chance to read in 3 days. I love to blog hop and check out different blogs. My biggest problem is that I don't always comment. I always plan on going back and leaving a little snippet and then ......I forget. I should tie a string around my finger before I open up my Google Reader. ANYWAYS.... Midlife Musings over at Midlife and Beyond bestowed upon me a lovely award. My first! YEA FOR ME!!! Go check her out, I'll wait.


Now that you're back here are the rules:


1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.


2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


I Need a Martini Mom - Vodka Mom has been around for awhile and has quite the following, but I haven't and don't. So she is new to me. Her stories make me laugh and touch my heart.


The Fifty Factor - After reading one of her posts, I had to start at the beginning. Need I say more? Menopause and humor. I'm there.


Kristabella - She lives in the city and has great stories to tell. Plus I follow her tweets, they amuse me.


Violence Unsilenced - Because no human being should have to go through any of this. Because my best friend went through similar circumstances at a time no one talked about it. She told me years later, I wish I knew back then and could have helped.


Menopausal Stoners - Trish reminds me of my best friend in NY who is 10 yrs older then me and makes the worst poster child for a "Say No to Drugs" campaign. If you saw her you would never think she smokes...you may think she would be uptight. She would just rather have a joint than a martini.


Metrodad - Having kids make for some great stories. He has the same type of humor as my oldest son and my DIL. Therefore he is hilarious


Empty Spaces - I'm trying to learn how to take better pictures. The pictures he posts are thought provoking and they inspire me. He gives proper credit and that's a plus.



Blah, Blah, Blahg - Miss B always has something pretty and she gives pointers on digital photography.

47 and Starting Over - Julie takes you along on her new journey and the fact that she has a warning label on her blog....well that won me over.


BlackBird - I love to people watch. She takes it to a whole new level and you are right there.


Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills - Gotta love her blog design. Always interesting.


Jen Lancaster - When I read her book Such a Pretty Fat , I ran back to Borders and bought the other two. Then I had to meet her and have my book signed. I became a huge stalker/fan. Toma toe/tomato.


Everyday Adventures of Me In The City - Jessica is in her 20's and lives in the city. Ahhh to be in my twenty's again. She talks about good places to eat here.


Women Over 40 Rock - Talent.


Polymath Chronicles - Another Chicago author, Stacey Ballis makes a mean Mionetini



So there you have it. Now to go catch up on the now 128 posts in my Reader.

6 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I see i am in incredible company! had I known I would have taken a shower and put on some makeup!!


xoxox

PENolan said...

This is so cool! That you're on BlogHer is cool, and now I know who checks in on my blog from Illinois. I can tell via my statcounter that somebody's reading and now I know who.

Even better - a whole nother group of bloggy buddies!

Thank you for being here and for brightening up my rainy day!
Tricia

Bayjb said...

Thank you so much for the award! Made my day!

maggie, dammit said...

Awwwwww!!! Thank you so much for this! I am so grateful that you are helping to spread the word about Violence UnSilenced, it means so much to me and to the contributors. Thank you for making my night. :)

Kristabella said...

Awww, thanks for the award! I'm honored!

Anonymous said...

Influential post.