Sunday, November 16, 2008

Heart Attack with a Side of Stroke Please?

Alot has been going on this past month, so I figure I'll break it up into it's own proper sections.

So here goes...

I was having chest pains..the kind that actually hangs in there for a few minutes. Scared the shit out of me, so after Cookie said I looked like shit and asked me if I was feeling ok, I knew it was time to see my cardiologist. Have I mentioned that I work for him too? So I don't get to take a full or even a half day off. That sucks. They just squeeze me in somewhere and come and get me when I am free for a few. The upside is, I don't have a long wait. Ever notice how long you're at a doctor's appointment only to actually see him/her for a nanosecond? Anyway that's another rant all together. Another upside..no one asked me to get undressed. Whew... bad enough when you don't know your doc but geez..when you work for them??? UGH!!

Anyway..I was all relaxed when he came in and said it was about time I saw him. I'm a lousy patient. he takes my blood pressure and it was high,... I mean HIGH.
WOW and I was relaxed! Crap I wonder what it is when I'm going nuts at work or at home?

Heart attack or stroke?? So now I'm on Blood pressure med, med for high cholesterol. (I love cheese and fat and greasy foods) oh yeah.. and an aspirin to keep blood thinned to prevent another one of those pesky myocardial infarctions..better known as heart attacks.

So I am being a good girl..taking the meds, getting over a bad cold (that was the chest pain) and gotta start figuring out a way to not be type A.

Suggestions welcomed

No comments: