Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life is Short

In a blink of an eye we are gone.

At work today someone died on me.
One minute we were talking... next minute he was down.

I work in healthcare and although this may happen to alot of others in this field, its has never gotten to this point for me. Close..... but no.
Thankfully we revived him and he is stable.

David said I should be proud of what we did. I am.
But I also can't shake the thought of how fast one's life can end.

I thought of God today.

I am grateful for what I have.
I need to enjoy my life and not just live it.
I need to stop ignoring my own needs.
I need to let my friends know how much they mean to me.
I want to make sure my family knows how much I love and support them not only by my words, but by my actions.

Because, it can all be gone...in just a blink of an eye.

No comments: