Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Art and New Products

This weekend was Dick Blick's Learning Expo in Lisle, IL. I'd been looking forward to going, especially since I found out they were selling the new
pan pastels. These are pastels that I've been dying to try. Every rave review I've read and heard are absolutely true. They are fantastic. Creamy and smooth!! They blend beautifully.... I LOVE THEM!!
I also bought more Canson's all media books that I can use to try out new techniques and ideas... Some more Golden's fluid acrylics that I was running out of....Gesso....Goldens also has a new product line.More Mixed Media...Digital grounds that you apply on just about any flat surface and you can print from your ink jet printer. All the info is at the Golden's website. So I bought a sample pack.
I also bought my future DIL a book on watercolors.

So while hubby celebrated his birthday out on the golf course, I was in my studio playing with my new pastels. I ended up creating a new journal page. I was thinking about what Luniladi had said in our last conversation. Where was I going?



I layered and layered and layered. By the time I was done my studio looked like a tornado had hit. Acrylics, inks, gesso, stamps, and papers were all over the place. In the end I'm happy with how it came out.

I also finished a page for a circus swap I'm in.


By the time I was done, it was BBQ time and the party began.

My laptop goes back to Dell to get fixed tomorrow. I miss it. Hubby's puter is too slow...but beggers can't be choosy and I NEED my internet.

1 comment:

Sacred Yoli said...

Your work is amazing!
I recently went to a Goldens demo. It was fantastic. Chris Cozen (who has an amazing technique book) showed us so many possibilities!

I can't wait to play more.