Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chewy is HOME!!!!



Thanks to everyone that commented or sent me email with their thoughts and prayers. Its very comforting to know I have so much support. Love you guys!!

I got the call at a gas station by Indiana Dunes... around 10:30 Thursday night
Someone had found CHEWY!!!! YEAH!!
I quickly called and Sharon told me her son had found Chewy...though it was more like Chewy found him. Chewy is waaay friendly. He had been jogging in the park which is huge and Chewy started jogging along with him. So he had to take her home. They were planning on keeping her till they saw one of the fliers I had put all over the neighborhood. She said after she saw it she couldn't keep her no matter how badly they wanted to. She had already bought Chewy all kinds of stuff, which I said I would gladly reimburse her for.
I told her I was out of town but I would call my daughter and her boyfriend to pick her up. ( Only reason I was ok with going to Michigan is cause Anjelika was going to be home and I had left my cell Number on the fliers, nothing to do but wait, since everyone was searching for her everyday}
I was jumping up and down and hugging David. I was ELATED....quickly called Anjelika..no answer..Called Kirby..he picked up and I gave him Sharon's info and asked him to pay whatever they spent and I'd give him the money when I got home. He was just as happy and said he was going right away.
They called me when they got home. Chewy was a bit weird when they got there..maybe just confused about her new surroundings but went nuts when she got home. Jumping and playing when they got her home.
I called numerous times Friday and Saturday...And when we got home Saturday late afternoon.
Gave Chewy tons o love!!
Kirby made the fence hard to get out of and hard to get in for that matter.... but we don't want to go through this ever again!!!
My empty nest dog.... love her to bits

2 comments:

suzi blu said...

what a cutie face!!

Anonymous said...

So very happy for YOU...