Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Special Bond

Anjelika has her first date tonight since her break up with Kirby.
It's the first time I've seen her THAT excited in a long time. She was stressing about picking up her outfit and still having time to go work out before getting ready.

So tonight I got a text from Emilie telling me that Anjelika had asked her to help her get ready. Emilie applies makeup like a pro and she did a great job as usual. Then she did her hair. She took a picture and sent it to me. Not only did I get details about the makeup used but she texted me this..." It's so cute. It's like I have a little sister." Both Emilie and Anjelika have 2 brothers and they are the only girls.

Instead of getting her BFF to help, she asked Emilie.... her SIL.
Even though they live in the same building and one floor apart, she doesn't want to bother her.
It warms my heart that she reached out to Emilie for help and that Emilie was there to act like the big sister she doesn't have. To not only help get her ready but to share in her excitement. And I see how their relationship has been growing outside of the SIL relationship...as sisters...as friends

Damien did good by marrying her...though I already know this....she always finds another way to tug at my heartstrings.

No comments: